Friday, April 24, 2009

Adrian Resurrected!


Adrian game was initially developed by Suman Korada, V Vamsi Krishna and myself, while we were in 3rd year B.Tech at IIIT-Hyderabad in 2003. We wrote the game for a game designing contest in 7 days (and nights) flat. The initial version that you see is based off the same source code. Needless to say it was pretty impressive and we walked off with the first prize :).

After almost 6 years of no development on it (mainly since we could not afford the better graphics cards initially and later working full time), I felt like it was a good time to resurrect the project and here we are. The actual trigger for resurrecting adrian came from a guy who mailed me about the game saying he liked it. It prodded me to download the source code myself and see how it runs, and I was very impressed with our work. There were a lot of changes which we could not do for the contest since, we were operating under a severe time constraint then. But now the development can proceed at a more slower pace.

I am very excited about this new game, and hope I will have as much fun as I had last time I used it.

No comments:

Post a Comment